Angel Trained pups- Pick your pup from an upcoming litter and we will be happy to train it to the level that you need :)
20 STEPS TO SUCCESS: THE AKC S.T.A.R. PUPPY TEST
1. Maintains puppy's health (vaccines, exams, appears healthy)
2. Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner's Pledge
3. Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
4. Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator
5. Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up after puppy
6. Owner has obtained some form of ID for puppy-collar tag, etc.
YOUR ANGEL TRAINED APPLERIDGE PUPPY WILL QUALIFY FOR : AKC STAR PUPPY BEHAVIORS:
7. Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
8. Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
9. Tolerates collar or body harness of owner's choice
10. Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
11. Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
PRE-CANINE GOOD CITIZEN® TEST BEHAVIORS:
12. Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
13. Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
14. Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
15. Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
16. Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
17. Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
18. Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
19. Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
20. Stay on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps and returns)
Advance Puppy Training Program 12-16 weeks of age (Canine Good Citizen Preparation) & (Star Puppy AKC Program)
- Training will be completed by 16 weeks of age- Dependent on puppies ability
- (Canine Good Citizen Preparation) Training : Sit, sit wait, sit stay, stay wait come, sit wait. Sit will be 1 minute +
- Down, down wait, down stay (Down, stay- will be 30 min)
- Hand signal, down wait release on command
- House trained, crate trained, pen trained to mind and be quiet
- Stay in crate all night without messing it or crying. 11 pm to 6:30 am. Transition period still applies
- Prepared for freedom in your home, taught not to touch "leave it"
- "OFF" not to jump on humans, furniture or up on things like the counter.
- "Leave it" taught not to touch, sniff, look at or bother" someone or something
- Mind -perfect manners, children and elderly plus other animals -NO jumping
- Heel. Heel 6" from my leg on a loose lead. Heel from motion.
- Lets go! Walk politely on a loose lead, beside me any direction anywhere.
- Heel speeds-fast, normal, slow, steps
- figure 8 heeling in any direction trained
- "Nice" taking treats or other items nicely
- Car manners
- Social skills with other dogs,puppies & people.
- Distracted training, puppy is taught to listen no matter what is going on around them.
- Loose lead manners training for casual outings including potty breaks on lead
- XI. All 3 regular puppy baby dog vaccines, ( 1 Rab) Rabies vaccine if leaving the Country.
- Trained in English. (German, by request) A training video and manual will accompany. Adoption cost will include all of his shots completed including rabies and worming.
- * we will only do Advance levels on dogs we have tested or bred and whom have completed the previous levels with us
TEST ITEMS AND PLEDGE
A key component of the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program is a responsible owner. Our Canine Good Citizen® Responsible Dog Owner's Pledge is for the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy® Program too. Responsibility should start the moment you decide to add a new dog or puppy to your family.AKC CGC℠ RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNER'S PLEDGE
I will be responsible for my dog's health needs. These include:
- routine veterinary care including check-ups and vaccines
- adequate nutrition through proper diet; clean water at all times
- daily exercise and regular bathing and grooming
I will be responsible for my dog's safety.
- I will properly control my dog by providing fencing where appropriate, not letting my dog run loose, and using a leash in public.
- I will ensure that my dog has some form of identification when appropriate (which may include collar tags, tattoos, or microchip ID).
- I will provide adequate supervision when my dog and children are together.
I will not allow my dog to infringe on the rights of others.
- I will not allow my dog to run loose in the neighborhood.
- I will not allow my dog to be a nuisance to others by barking while in the yard, in a hotel room, etc.
- I will pick up and properly dispose of my dog's waste in all public areas such as on the grounds of hotels, on sidewalks, parks, etc.
- I will pick up and properly dispose of my dog's waste in wilderness areas, on hiking trails, campgrounds and in off-leash parks.
I will be responsible for my dog's quality of life.
- I understand that basic training is beneficial to all dogs.
- I will give my dog attention and playtime.
- I understand that owning a dog is a commitment in time and caring.